1. Conditions of admission:
All the services we offer (courses, activities, accommodation) are aimed at people who are at least 18 years old (or 16 with parental consent).
2. Terms of payment:
- The courses and registration fees must be paid at least 7 days before the beginning of the course. We must receive the level test at least 6 days before the beginning of the course. Over the deadline, your registration will be subject to availability.
- The registration fees (50€) are valid for 12 months starting from the registration date and are not refundable. Also the finding cost for accomodation are not refundable.
-Any ongoing session is entirely due and no refunding shall be given except for medical reasons justified by a doctor’s certificate.
- The fees do not include the teaching equipment (student’s book and exercise book).
- Public holidays are neither rescheduled nor refunded. The schedules and rates are contractual regardless of the number of working days per session.
- Any bank charge is at the expense of the students. Non-French cheques and American Express cards are not accepted.
- All payments must be made in euros. We accept payments made with cash, Mastercard or Visa cards, transfer or French cheques.
3. Pedagogical conditions:
- The student’s level is evaluated by l’Alliance Française de Toulouse with our positioning test which all students must take on the day of registration. Students may not choose the level in which they will study. l’Alliance Française de Toulouse cannot register a student in a group course for everyday French if his/her speaking and writing skills are too different.
- l’Alliance Française de Toulouse cannot finalize a registration without knowing the student’s level. Therefore, there is no obligation from its part until the student has taken the positioning test.
- Groups open with a minimum of 8 students. A course can be cancelled if there is not enough registered students. In that case, the course fee will be entirely refunded.
-In case of unexpected circumstances, the director of l'Alliance Française de Toulouse reserves the right to slightly modify the dates or the schedules without prior notice.
- Classes might be given by one or two teachers.
4. Cancellation terms:
- If a student wishes to cancel his/her registration, he/she must inform l’Alliance Française de Toulouse 7 days before the beginning of the course at the latest by returning the original of the certificate of registration. A 100€ fee will be retained for general and administration expenses. If the 7 working days’ notice is not respected, a sum corresponding to a full session shall be retained no matter the type of course.
5. Long-stay visa:
- The certificate of a long-time registration in our school can allow you to obtain a long-stay student visa. Inquire carefully about the specific rules of each country. l'Alliance Française de Toulouse has no obligation to supply information on visa and residence permits.
- In case of application to a long-stay student visa, at least 3 months must be paid in advance and the balance upon arrival (possibility of paying by instalment, upon written request to the direction). Balance shall be paid at least two months before the beginning of the course. Courses will not be postponed, credit is not transferrable and no requests for reimbursement may be done. A one-month break at the most will be tolerated, as long as we are informed at least 7 working days in advance.
- If the long-stay visa cannot be obtained, the student might be refunded provided he/she returns the original of the certificate of registration or the proof that the visa could not be delivered. In any case, a fee of 100€ will be retained by l’Alliance Française de Toulouse to cover administrative costs. The 7 days’ notice applies in that case too.
Exams have to be paid for. The rates are indicated when the candidate registrates. In case of cancellation by the candidate, the examination fees shall not be refunded.
Insurances (health, accident, public liability) must be borne by the student, in his/her country of origin or in France. Public liability insurance is mandatory.
8. Attendance and behaviour
Punctuality, full attendance and respect towards the people and the goods are required when enrolling l’Alliance Française de Toulouse. Teachers have the right to refuse entry to students who arrive late. Each absence must be justified. Students with more than 3 absences will not receive the certificate of attendance. The direction reserves the right to expel a student for lack of attendance and/ or lack of punctuality and/or inappropriate behaviour. In that case, there shall be no refund and enrolling in future courses might be forbidden. From 7 p.m., the classrooms are accessible by the entrance of the 3rd floor, next to the elevator.
9. Cancellation and complaints:
A registration made by post or online can be cancelled up to 14 days after the payment unless the course has started.
Complaints must be addressed in writing to the Director of l'Alliance Française de Toulouse (3 bis place Guy Hersant – 31400 Toulouse) or email (email@example.com).
Any dispute falls exclusively within the jurisdiction of the courts of Toulouse and French law.
10. Data protection:
As part of the French Data Protection Act 78-17 (CNIL) and European Regulation 2016/679 / EU, we inform our students that their data is confidential and protected. They can be deleted at their request, at the end of their training.
The secretary will be exceptionally closed on :
- Thursday 27/02/2020 from 10:00am to 11:00am
- Friday 28/02/2020 at 03:00pm (instead of 04:00pm)
- Monday 02/03/2020 from 01:00pm to 02:00pm
The Alliance Française of Toulouse is a non-profit organization created in 1985 by Mr & Mrs Pierre TARABBIA...Read more